Museum Historical Artifact Donation Guidelines
While the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum appreciates all artifact donations, circumstances prevent us from being able to accept everything.
- The procedure for donations is to contact the Collections Management Team at their email – firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what you want to donate and pictures if possible.
- This information is reviewed by the Collections Review Committee for its relevance to the mission of the museum in telling the story of Patuxent River NAS and its activities.
- When an artifact is accepted by the Collections Committee, a Deed of Gift form will be sent to be filled out, signed by the donor, and included with the donation.
- Currently, we are not accepting model aircraft, uniforms, flight gear, or plaques unless they are unique or related to an important Pax River event or person.
- The museum does not accept artifact donations that are dropped off without prior acceptance.
- Donations that come to the museum without following museum procedures cannot be processed and will be discarded by the museum.