Meet Tracy Barkhimer, Captain, U.S. Navy, Retired
- President of TABAS Consulting LLC, Defense Acquisition Consultant/Executive Coach
- H46 Helicopter Pilot
- Former Program Manager PMA 209- Air Combat Electronics
Barkhimer admires her life dedication to NAS Patuxent River and feels that her experience as a Program Manager has set her up for success in any field. She believes the skills gained in the military are transferable to everyday life. Barkhimer had an early interest in aviation from field trips to the Dover Air Force Base and admiring the pilots practicing touch-and-go’s. She became the first woman from SUNY Maritime College to go to flight school and recurrently overcame bias to prove herself in a male dominated field. She encourages youth to pursue military careers, and prove themselves in order to continue opening doors for other women to follow.
Objects of Significance
- Velcro Patches from Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) Tracy Barkhimer’s H-3 Search and Rescue (SAR) Tour and Test Pilot School (TPS) Tour.
- Flight vest belonging to Tracy Barkhimer, USN. Vest has multiple pockets, zippered, snapped, and velcro. Contains green flashlight with red lens, survival knife, second small flashlight, and green distress marker light. “BARKHIMER” is handwritten on a patch sewn into the vest.
- Flight suit, flight jacket, and skull cap issued to Tracy Barkhimer. Visible patches are her CDR name tag, USNTPS Class 115 Einstein “This Ain’t Rocket Science” patch, United States Navy patch on right sleeve, and Barkhimer TPS Class 115 name tag.